Qlikview is a leading Business Discovery Platform. It is very powerful in visually analyzing the relationships between data. It does in-memory data processing stores data in the report itself which it creates. It can read data from numerous sources including files and relational databases. It is used by businesses to get deeper insight by doing advanced analytics on the data they have. It even does data integration by combining data from various sources into one QlikView analysis document.
QlikView is a leading Business Intelligence and Analytics Platform in Quadrant. Qlikview is a Business Intelligence platform which is for converting the data into knowledge
QlikView is an intuitive analytical tool to create personalized reports and data visualizations.It is a Qlik (Quality, Understanding, Interaction and Knowledge) based desktop tool, commonly known for its breakthrough visualization and discovery applications to create customized visuals.
QlikView is an In-memory BI platform. The QlikView Business intelligence delivers true self-service BI that empowers business users by driving innovative decision-making which is relevant to every business user. In other words, Qlikview is software that makes it possible to retrieve and assimilate data from different sources. Once loaded into the program, the data is presented in a way that is easy to understand and work with. Qlikview training helps you in making selection in Qlikview, you don’t need any previous knowledge of databases or search routines.
Features of QlikView
QlikView has patented technology which enables it to have many features that are useful in creating advanced reports from multiple data sources quickly. Below is a list of features which makes QlikView very unique.
- Data Association is maintained automatically – QlikView automatically recognizes the relationship between each piece of data that is present in a dataset. Users need not preconfigure the relationship between different data entities.
- Data is held in memory for multiple users, for a super-fast user experience – The structure, data and calculations of a report are all held in the memory (RAM) of the server.
- Aggregations are calculated on the fly as needed – As the data is held in memory, calculations are done on the fly. No need of storing pre-calculated aggregate values.
- Data is compressed to 10% of its original size – QlikView heavily uses data dictionary and only essential bits of data in memory required for any analysis. Hence it compresses the original data to a very small size.
- Visual relationship using colors – The relationship between data is not shown by arrow or lines but by colors. Selecting a piece of data gives specific colors to the related data and another color to unrelated data
- Direct and Indirect searches – Instead of giving the direct value a user is looking for, they can input some related data and get the exact result because of the data association. Of course they can also search for a value directly.